A Dream is Born
There is always a beginning to each journey. No Limitts started with an idea, when a group of like-minded individuals, who wanted to make the world a better place for people with disabilities, decided to do something about it and make a positive change.
Having experienced the “Big Provider” mentality for over 15 years, where participants had little choice or freedom when it came to their support and care, we wanted to create an environment where participants were not treated like a number.
No person deserves to be told how to live, everyone deserves a chance to live independently and be an equal part of society and thus “No Limitts” was born.
No Limitts’ purpose is to unite people with disabilities with suitable support staff to assist them in living a limitless, independent life.
No Limitts prides itself on providing an outstanding quality of service. Focusing on providing the best quality of support, all staff are handpicked for their heart and attitude, flexibility, reliability and the undeniable passion for helping others in a positive way. Staff are also selected with our Clients’ goals in mind, with specific skills to help our Clients achieve dreams they were once told they could never have.
We strive for a holistic approach and endeavour to make it a harmonious atmosphere for Clients and staff.Our Vision
- “Care” means being fed, toileted, washed and dressed - the bare minimum needed for physical survival. “Support” means being in control and deciding what is to be done, by whom, how, where and when the work is to be carried out.
- “Care” allows us to survive; “Support” enables us to live.
- In “Care” we are seen and made to feel as passive objects. With “Support” we are people who can take our rightful place in family, community and society.
- In “Care” we are not allowed to contribute much. With “Support,” interests, work, relationships and parenthood are possible for us depending on our potential and preferences.
- In “Care” others decide for us. With “Support” we decide.
- See the person - In our interactions with people with disabilities we consider all the qualities and characteristics that make people distinctive and unique, not only their impairment or condition.
- Set No limits on potential - Every person with a disability has the right to live their life and work towards their goals without being limited by other people’s expectations or prejudices. We never set limits on any person’s individual potential.
- Freedom to choose - Every person with a disability should have the right to exercise choice and control over all decisions that shape their future including the products, services and support programs they use.
- Independence and inclusion - All service developments designed to support people with disabilities should enable them to become increasingly independent and to live their lives within the community of their choice.
- Everyday life equality - We believe that all people with disabilities should have the same opportunity to education, work, building a home and social life, and access to any location or venue that other people in our society enjoy. No more. No less.
- Together we can create a better society - The investment required to support our beliefs will be more than repaid through the untapped potential of people with disabilities and through our collective pride in creating a better society for all.
- One of our determined clients has lived with Cerebral Palsy his whole life and has been unable to walk, feed himself or attend to his personal needs. One of his goals was to be able to walk. To provide the support required to achieve this goal, we hired a support worker with a Bachelors’ Degree in Health, Science and Personal Training. Within 8 months of providing a personalised training schedule, our client took his first unassisted steps, which was due to the pure determination and hard work of the client and with the support of dedicated staff.
- One gentleman with Autism won 1st place in the NDIS’ “Map your own way” competition, obtained his learners permit, started his own gardening business and is now employed by No Limitts.
- One of our young ladies won a Nexis art grant.
- Another of our ladies started her own fish breeding business and completed her Aquarium Maintenance Certificate.
- One of our gentleman started playing murder ball, and recently went on a trip to Sydney and Queensland to reunite with his family.
- And the same gentleman who had the dream to start No Limitts has been fiercely advocating for better bus and train services and shop access and has successfully had numerous bus shelters fixed. He also went on a trip to Sweden.